Editor-in-Chief Visionary’s Note: Now that SBA has announced not only did agencies meet the FY2015 Small Business Goal, but the WOSB/EDWOSB Goal of 5%, here’s the challenge.
If ‘goal’ denotes intent, how did the Government ‘intend‘ to get to EDWOSB companies when:
– $2B of the $4.8B was set-aside or sole-sourced to 8(a)s;
– $1.2B was Total Small Business Set-Aside, and;
– $1B was not set-aside at all
For WOSB it was much of the same. Of the $9B to WOSB companies:
– $2.3B was 8(s) set-aside and sole-source;
– $3.2B was Total Small Business Set-Aside, and;
– $2.6B was not set-aside at all.
Instead of a ‘goal’ maybe the terminology should be ‘notion’ which is an impulse or desire, especially one of a whimsical kind’ especially since most of the dollars arrived as a matter of happenstance. – Guy Timberlake