Join us Tuesday, November 17, 2015 from 8:30am to 4:00pm for breakfast, networking and ‘Effective Capture Management‘ facilitated by 90Degrees of Design.
“Getting ready to win – over and over again”
The class presents a detailed capture process and provides instruction on how to effectively develop new business opportunities and position for a winning proposal effort. A Capture Record template is used to organize the presentation, and is made available to each participant.
The class can be taken by anyone involved in the capture process, or by those who must either oversee or support the process. It provides a practical process to follow with supporting tools, and teaches critical communications, intelligence gathering and marketing techniques that help you select the right opportunities to pursue and develop those opportunities into successful customer relationships.
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST
BREAKFAST BEGINS AT 8:30 a.m.
CLASS STARTS PROMPTLY AT 9:00 a.m.
LUNCH AT 12:00
CLASS ENDS AT 4:00 p.m.
8200 GREENSBORO DRIVE, SUITE 900
OLD DOMINION TRAINING ROOM
MCLEAN, VA 22102
– What is Capture Management – the building blocks
– Current Market Analysis – what does the Government marketplace look like today, where should you go to sell your services
– Market Positioning – how to raise your market presence, and why it is critical to successful capture
– Building Customer Relationships – and how to know you are succeeding
– Planning and Managing a Pipeline – how to model your needs, track progress, and make good decisions along the way
– Analyzing Pipeline Opportunities – determining what is worth pursuing, how to find data and score the opportunities, P-Win to Black Hat techniques
The seven components of the Capture Record:
1. Opportunity Data
· Identifying what the customer needs, and what the customer wants
· Building a background data library
· Determining who the competition is
2. Putting together your Capture Team
· What resources do you need, and when do you need them
· Using advanced project planning for strategic advantage
3. Understanding the Customer
· Who are the players, how to determine evaluation board members
· Buyer-values to hot-buttons to mission, building the story
· Your language – their language, it is critical
4. Strength to Win
· Strengths and discriminators, what is the difference and how to use them
· Developing solutions and influencing the customer’s needs
· Building Your Story – tag lines and storylines
· Price to Compete – Price to Win – Price to Cost
5. Support to Win
· Which past performance to use
· What else will help – proof of goodness
6. Capture Execution
· Call plans
· Marketing plans
· Coordination and status tracking
7. Planning your proposal
About The Instructor
ALBERT PINES, LEAD INSTRUCTOR
Mr. Pines has worked in marketing, competitive business development, proposal management and orals coaching for more than 30 years. He has extensive experience with both military and civilian agencies having worked with hundreds of small and medium size businesses as well as seven of the 10 largest government contractors. His work has also involved support to numerous multi-national corporations, including governmental and private enterprises in Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Registration Includes – Participation for one (1) guest, breakfast, lunch and parking validation.
Registration Fee – $450 per guest
Guest Fail/Cancellation Policy – No cancellations or guest changes within 48 hours of event. No refunds or credits in the event of a no-show.
“Breaking down capture management into the various components of messaging and relationships was straight-forward and incredibly useful. The instruction was outstanding, as were the instructor, the materials, and the logistics. Well worth the money spent.”
– David Popelier, Managing Partner FourWinds Limited
“I loved it! A very open workshop where we were encouraged to discuss issues relative to our areas/companies. I loved the common sense approach and ease of following our leader. Great take a-ways for us! Thank you!”
– Karen T. Farren Director, Tactical Logistics/Combat Development Joint Logistics Managers, Inc (JLMI)
About 90Degrees of Design
Starting with your corporate brand, marketing approach, and go-to-market strategy; to development of a sales pipeline, opportunity identification and capture management execution, and ending with the preparation of compelling proposals and orals presentations – we provide a complete program for building your Federal Government revenues.