Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Case 2014-022, IAE, and You
Effective October 1, 2015, FAR Case 2014-022 will implement the inflation adjustment of acquisition-related dollar thresholds. This adjustment will impact four IAE systems.
Effective October 1, 2015, the Department of Defense (DOD), General Services Administration (GSA), and National Aeronautics Administration (NASA) are issuing FAR Case 2014-022 as a final rule amending the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to implement the inflation adjustment of acquisition-related dollar thresholds.
This amendment is taking place because a statute requires an adjustment every five years of acquisition-related thresholds for inflation using the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all urban consumers, with the following exceptions:
● Construction Wage Rate Requirements statute (formerly Davis-Bacon Act)
● Service Contract Labor Standards statute
● Trade agreements thresholds
DoD, GSA, and NASA also have used the same methodology to adjust nonstatutory FAR acquisition-related thresholds.
This amendment will have an impact on the following Integrated Award Environment (IAE) systems:
● System for Award Management (SAM)
● Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG)
● Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS)
● FFATA Subaward Reporting System (FSRS)
FAR Case 2014-022 also impacts IAE two other ways:
● Update to SAM for FAR Clause 52.209-5 Certification Reporting Responsibility Matters. The dollar threshold for attesting to whether or not entity has been notified of tax delinquency increases to $3,500.00
● Update to SAM for FAR Clause 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications- Commercial Items. The dollar threshold for attesting to whether or not entity has been notified of tax delinquency increases to $3,500.00