Why? Consider this. Of the $443 billion in FY14 obligations reported to FPDS-NG:
- Fifty-one percent were to single and multiple award Indefinite Delivery Vehicles (IDVs), and;
- 60% of those dollars were the result of modifications to an established contract vehicle, delivery order or task order.
For the record, IDVs include:
- Basic Ordering Agreements;
- Blanket Purchase Agreements;
- Federal Supply Schedules (GSA and VA);
- Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts, and;
- Indefinite Delivery Contracts which include IDIQs and MACs.
So. while I am the ‘Guy’ who points out how much Uncle Sam spends on non-IDV contracts that account for 49% of FY14 obligations reported to FPDS-NG, only $56 billion (of $220 billion) in non-IDV obligations are not the result of modifications.
It pays to have a plan and value proposition for teaming and we’ll be discussing these in upcoming editions of GovConChat™ and more.
Guy Timberlake, The Chief Visionary