Submission Guidelines (for Reporters, Public Affairs and Bloggers)
This Web Site (“Property”) may provide you and other users with the opportunity to comment and participate in forums, blogs, message boards, social networking, social communities and other communication functionality and may provide you with the opportunity, through such features or otherwise, to submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to The American Small Business Coalition, LLC d/b/a GovConChannel (“Company”) or the Property, including, without limitation, photographs, writings, music, video, audio recordings and/or computer graphics (collectively, “User Content“).
Note that Company usually does not pre-screen your User Content. However, Company has the unfettered right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion, to modify, edit, republish, refuse, move, or remove any User Content. Company might or might not post your User Content, and it has no obligation to do so. Also, Company may discard or destroy User Content whenever it chooses and without any notice or liability to you. You agree that Company may edit, publish, transmit, display and otherwise exploit your User Content in any manner and in any media whatsoever.
With regard to your User Content, you agree that:
(1) Your User Content is written, designed, captured or otherwise created exclusively by you and was not copied from another source; OR, all individuals that created or contributed in any way to your User Content have granted you permission to submit your User Content, with full knowledge that Company may exploit it in any manner whatsoever; AND you have obtained all necessary consents and releases from individuals (or the legal guardians of such individuals) depicted in your User Content for you to submit your User Content, with full knowledge that Company may exploit it in any manner whatsoever.
(2) Your User Content does not threaten, harass, intimidate, abuse others or use language that is intended to insult others. You may not make any negative comments that are connected to race or national origin, gender, sexual preference, religion or physical handicap.
(3) Your User Content does not contain profane, obscene, sexual or other inappropriate language.
(4) You do not make false statements in your User Content or in connection with any submission to Company. Don’t lie or embellish the truth. If you think something is not true, don’t say it (and don’t ignore indications that something may not be true). This goes for anything you say about another person. Don’t defame, libel or disparage anyone. And, always be truthful about yourself. Don’t pretend to be another person and don’t access or submit User Content through anyone else’s account and don’t allow others to submit User Content through your account. Do not provide Company’s email to others so that they can submit User Content.
(5) When you reveal information about yourself, such as in blog and message board postings and any photographs or videos you submit, the public will actually see it. Assume the entire world is watching. Don’t submit any User Content you don’t want anyone and everyone to see.
(6) You do not and will not disclose personal information about other people in your User Content. Thus, your User Content may not reveal another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that could be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual or that is personal in nature. Do not ask others to reveal such information about themselves.
(7) Your User Content does not and will not encourage violence, instigate violence or describe how to perform a violent act.
(8) Your User Content does not and will not promote illegal activity (this means: don’t discuss or encourage anything illegal; if someone could go to jail for taking action suggested in your User Content, don’t post it).
(9) Your User Content does not and will not solicit gambling and you may not use your User Content to gamble or engage in any gambling activity.
(10) Your User Content does not and will not advertise, promote or offer to trade any products, goods or services. Also, you may not use your User Content or Company’s web sites for a pyramid scheme or other multi-tiered marketing campaign. Do not use Company’s web sites to raise money for you, your family members, your friends or anyone else.
(11) Your User Content does not and will not contain viruses, Trojan horses or other materials that modify, impair, disrupt, alter or interfere with the operation or maintenance of a Company web site. Do not upload materials that collect or transmit information, including, spyware, passive collection mechanisms, cookies or other similar devices. Do not launch any automated system, including any spider, robot, scraper or offline reader. Do not ruin a Company web site for others.
(12) You will not circumvent, disable, violate or otherwise interfere with web site security, the procedures for sending User Content, or other limitations on access to or use of Company web site.
(13) You grant to Company the unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right and license to host, cache, store, use, copy, distribute, sell, re-sell, display, perform, publish, broadcast, transmit, modify, edit, reformat, translate or otherwise exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User Content for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any media or medium now known or hereafter developed and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed.
(14) You further agree that Company is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any User Content you send to the Property or Company, for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such User Content. You also grant to Company the right to sub-license and authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to Company under these Terms and any Additional Terms; and each such third-party will be entitled to benefit from the rights and licenses granted to Company under these Terms and any Additional Terms. You further authorize Company to publish your User Content in a searchable format that may be accessed by users of the Property and the Internet.
Your Use of the Property:
(1) Company may cancel your account and delete all User Content associated with your account at any time, and without notice, if Company deems that you have violated these Terms, the law, or for any other reason or no reason. Company assumes no liability for any information removed from the Property, and reserves the right to permanently restrict access to the Property or a user account.
(2) You agree to indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, employees, and website contractors and each of their officers, employees and agents harmless from any claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, related to your violation of these Terms or any violations thereof by your dependents or which arises from the use of User Content you submitted, posted, or otherwise provided to Company and/or the Property. Upon Company’s request, you will furnish Company any documentation, substantiation or releases necessary to verify your compliance with these Terms and any Additional Terms.
(3) You acknowledge and agree that Company will not have any obligation to review, monitor, display, accept or exploit any User Content and Company may, in its sole discretion, delete, move, edit, alter, remove or refuse to exploit User Content without notice or liability. You will not receive any additional consideration or compensation for your User Content or for our exploitation of your User Content. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any moral rights you may have in any User Content you submit.
COMPANY DOES NOT ENDORSE THE USER CONTENT, IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USER CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONS WHO MAY USE OR RELY ON SUCH USER CONTENT) FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY USER CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THIS PROPERTY.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you are not a minor and you have the legal right and capacity to agree to these Submission Guidelines and enter into these Terms in your jurisdiction and to comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian has read and agreed to these Terms on your behalf; (ii) all information you provide to Company is accurate and complete; and (iii) you hold and will continue to hold all rights necessary to enter into and perform your obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms.
Copyright and Copyright Agent:
We respect the intellectual property of others and we ask that our users to do the same. User Content posted to Property may include copyrighted works. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”) provides a process for a copyright owner to give notification to an online service provider concerning alleged copyright infringement.
Upon receipt by Company of a valid DMCA notification, the offending content will be taken down. The following information must be included in your notification: (i)a description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement; (ii) a description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit us to locate the alleged material; (iii) contact information for You, including your address, telephone number and/or e-mail address; (iv) a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law; (v) a statement by You, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that You have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and (vi) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Any claim regarding potentially infringing posted material should be sent to: The American Small Business Coalition, LLC, PO Box 2786; Columbia, MD 21045-1786; 410-381-7378; email@example.com; attention: Margaret Timberlake (our agent for notice of infringement claims).
Communications Decency Act Notice:
Under the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (“CDA”), The American Small Business Coalition, LLC d/ba GovConChannel is not liable for defamation or other claims arising from content posted to Property by users. Because it permits posting by users, the GovCon Channel Website is an “interactive computer service” under the CDA. The American Small Business Coalition, LLC d/b/a GovConChannel is not responsible for, and does not exercise any editorial or other control over, any content posted by users, but rather merely serves as a “publisher” of such content.